Wednesday, March 18, 2015

My Second Post: Early Progress

My Second Post: Early Progress

    So far these past few weeks my main short term goal has been to tackle the biggest obstacle in the way of this idea: is the science behind a photosynthetic species of algae, that relies on heat energy instead of light energy, possible? So far in my research the results have been mixed but ultimately progressive.
    The first part of the photosynthesis process starts with chlorophyll attracting photons from the sun which are then used to break down H2O molecules into both O2 and H. The H molecules are then used by the plant to produce ATP in another complicated process. The issue is whether or not simple thermal energy can be used in place of photons to break down the H2O molecules subsequently making the sunlight obsolete in the whole process. If I can discover a way for this process to work then this idea can become more than just an idea, it could become a possibility! 
   I'v also gone into researching the logistics behind daily O2 consumption which has also been pretty mixed. From what I've gathered so far the average human being consumes 23 liters of O2 a day when resting. More research will be needed of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment